- 1 1/4 cup root beer, preferably from Broken Tooth Brewing
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-5 pounds pork spare ribs
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring all ingredients except spare ribs, salt, and pepper to a simmer in a saucepan.
Meanwhile, season spare ribs with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
Once simmering, remove pan from stove and pour sauce over ribs and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).