- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed and peeled raw pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot, then add carrots and onions and cook over medium heat until soft.
Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño, curry powder, and nutmeg and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes. Add pumpkin, coconut milk, chicken stock, honey, and salt and bring to a simmer.
Cook until pumpkin is soft, then use an immersion blender to puree. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.