- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups peeled and diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium organic chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or as needed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or as needed
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 cups cooked Dungeness crab meat (about 2 crabs, cooked and cleaned)
- 2 ½ cups half-and-half
- 1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
In a soup pot melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Sauté until soft.
Stir in the potatoes, broth, salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
Reduce heat to low and add the crab, half-and-half, creamed corn and parsley, and simmer gently until hot.
Ladle the chowder into warm soup bowls and serve immediately.