Extra Easy Party Food Planner
If you, like me, are busy person who likes to entertain, I’ve got something for you: a solid, simple, party-food plan that does not rely on frozen mini egg rolls. All you need is salt, olive oil, fresh ingredients, and your oven.
Here’s the menu for a light meal for six to eight people:
What I like about a well-appointed cheese plate and a bruschetta bar together is that both give your guests the opportunity to mix and match, experimenting with lots of flavors. And those chickpeas are just plain addictive. The recipes are here:
Putting It All Together
The day before your party:
• Make the spicy tomato sauce and roasted root vegetables.
• Rinse chickpeas, dry with paper towel, and place in a single layer on sheet pan and refrigerate uncovered. This dries them out so they are crispy when you roast them on the day of your party.
2 hours before your party:
• Fill sink with warm, soapy water for dirty pans.
• Cook mushrooms and finish chickpeas.
• Toast bread. Preheat the oven to 425°. Slice two baguettes diagonally. Place slices in a single layer on one or two sheet pans and drizzle with a healthy amount of olive oil. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Put the bread in the oven. Flip when the timer goes off and bake for another 10 minutes. Bread should be crisp and golden. Put it in a basket for the bruschetta bar.
• Arrange your table following Erin’s advice.
• Put together your cheese tray.
• Get dressed using Fernanda’s suggestions.
• Arrange your roasted veggies on part of large platter, drizzle with balsamic and sprinkle with goat cheese.
• Add bowls of spicy tomato sauce and savory ‘shrooms.
• Slice mozzarella and put it on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and a little chopped basil.
• Wash pans, wipe counters, and light candles.
• Put on Spencer’s Playlist, then take a deep breath and enjoy yourself!